- 10th Annual Walk A Mile In Her Shoes
Thanks for your interest in becoming an Agency Volunteer at the Battered Women's Shelter! We classify an Agency Volunteer as a partner who provides an ongoing service to our agency. Our Agency Volunteers are provided a tailored training that allows them to choose from a variety of experience within the Battered Women's Shelter and our sister agency, the Rape Crisis Center.
We are excited to utilize your passion, dedication and service to continue raising awareness through prevention efforts and advocate for all those affected by domestic and sexual violence.
1. Review our current Agency Volunteer opportunities by clicking here.
2. Complete and submit the Agency Volunteer application.
a. If you are seeking an internship opportunity, please click here to find more details on how to become an intern!
3. Once your Agency Volunteer application has been received, you will be contact by the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule an interview.
4. Attend an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. At this interview, you will review in detail the current opportunities as well outline your training coursework with the Volunteer Coordinator.
5. Complete necessary training as detailed in your workbook (provided by Volunteer Coordinator).
a. Each opportunity has their own training coursework required before placement. Training ranges from 40-60 hours depending on the opportunity, and this training involves BOTH in class and online programs.
6. Complete a FBI and BCI&I background check.
a. Volunteers will be responsible for covering costs associated with obtaining the background checks. The cost is about $60.
7. Once training and background checks have been completed, placement can begin!
Are you looking for information on ONE TIME volunteer opportunties? Group Projects? Community Service Hours?
Any Questions? Contact Brittany Paliswat
974 East Market Street
Akron, OH 44305