- Salons Against Domestic Violence
To get a better understanding of the process,
please read the following information that pertains to volunteer and intern acceptance.
1. Take a look at our volunteer and intern opportunities.
This will help you to get a feel for the many roles and locations in which you can serve, narrow your choices for where you'd like to volunteer and develop any questions you may have.
If you are seeking an internship opportunity, we request that you contact us at least one semester in advance in order to allow time for the interview & placement process to be completed. Intern applications are due 6 weeks prior to the next scheduled training. Please be informed that intern applications that are received past this point will not be considered.
3. RSVP for one of the upcoming ‘The Basics' Training.
The design of this training will allow you to complete 20 hours of training online, and then provide you with supplemental information and activities in 20 hours of classroom training.
4. Within one month of the chosen training, look for a call or email from the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule an interview.
5. Attend an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
6. Confirm your training attendance with the Volunteer Coordinator.
7. Complete & submit a federal background check.
We ask that each volunteer be responsible for covering costs associated with the background check. The cost is about $60. Detailed info will be given during training sessions.
8. Attend ‘The Basics' Training!
9. Volunteer and Intern placement & service!
Any Questions? Contact Brittany Paliswat
974 East Market Street
Akron, OH 44305